...am happy about, is that I finally got my Graphics tablet!

I even got a few laughs out of it yesterday, when my sister tried to use its handwriting recognition future. She could not get it right no matter how hard she tried. I guess it's because it doesn't exactly work like a mouse, where you can basically use it on every surface.

You have to imagine your tablet as your monitor. There is a single point for every part of your surface. The bottom of the tablet is the bottom of your screen. Anyways, I'm going to hurry this list along, since I just came home from swimming, and I want to use my left over time to learn a few more things about drawing and Artweaver.

Today, since Ágo brought up the topic of confiscated goods being sold out in a certain place, I'm going to post a little list about the strangest things authorities confiscated from tourists all around the world.

1. Magic wands and broomsticks
Apparently, some people can't distinguish between real life and fantasy. This year some wiseguy tried to take in a wand and/or broomsticks to the UK Parliament. Now, I'm not exactly sure where the idea came from, but I guess there are some crazy Harry Potter fans out there who are not afraid to take things too seriously...

2. 3,000-year-old Egyptian sarcophagus
I'm not exactly sure who would've tried to get a sarcophagus trough customs, when they knew very well, that it's stolen. Not because it WAS stolen, but because it's a freakin' sarcophagus! Who the hell doesn't realize you are smuggling one? They are huge and probably very heavy too... Anyways, Zahi Hawass (God, I hate that guy), the head of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities must have been thrilled to get a sarcophagus back "home".

3. Snakes
I love snakes, but this one is crazy. Some 24 year old guy stuffed his suitcase full with them and tried to smuggle them across the customs of an airport in Sydney. Apparently he is not familiar with the whole X-ray part. It still boggles the mind, how stupid some people are. Or desperate. I'm hoping he ended up in a jail somewhere, just because those poor animals must have been terrorized.

4. Skulls
Police in Greece charged two US tourists with desecrating the dead in 2010, after finding six human skulls in their hand luggage as they prepared to leave the country. Apparently, the tourists said they’d bought the skulls in a souvenir shop, and thought they were fake. Fake... right. I'm not exactly sure how you couldn't tell if something is real bone or not.

5. Fake $100,000 Bills
Some guy wanted to enter New York with two bills of $100,000. The problem was, that the $100,000 bills were made in 1934, and they never made it to the general circulation. I'm not exactly sure how one can try to get into a country with nonexistent money, but I have a huge advice for you guys out there, who counterfeit money: please, first make sure the money you try to pass on as real, exists...
Category: