...thought I should make a list of today, were songs! (Again?)

I'm not gonna make it a random post though, this time I'll be looking up some really overused songs.



Let's admit it, chance is you heard short parts of these songs so many times already you probably put it all together in your head, even if you never heard the full, original version of it.

And of course it's not only the people around you who have the tendency to listen to a song so many times that it makes you want to kill yourself... but the general commercials and movies that use them over and over and over again.

I'm not saying that they don't fit into the theme of whatever necessary item you have to absolutely buy because every doctor in the world recommends it. I'm pretty sure they do fit, since they are so general, people accepted them as part of their life.

What I usually think about these things though, is that they are taking the lazy and coward way out of it, because - even if there are only a few music geniuses around the world nowadays- I'm pretty sure there are millions of musicians who are capable of writing a new song.

Now, let's see which songs I think are most annoyingly overused...

Etta James - At last
If you haven't heard this song yet, you probably don't watch romantic and/or classical movies. Whenever this song plays it usually means that all is well and it's time to go home (or put your pirated DVD away).



Carl Orff - O Fortuna
This damn song is in everything, starting with stupid sport themed movies to random commercials. I'M pretty sure you are humming along it just at the moment, even without the knowledge of who wrote it for what.


Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World (Medley)
This probably will remind you either of The Wizard of Oz, either of an amazing trip you took to the Hawaiian islands (in your dreams, probably).


George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
Whenever someone makes a movie that has a "badass" character in it, this song is probably the one that will play along with it. And as the comments go along with this song... I need your clothes, your boots and a motorcycle.


Lynyrd Skynrd - Sweet Home Alabama
A couple of days ago an American friend of mine (guess where he from) asked me if I know this song. My reaction was...












Who the fu*k doesn't know this song? It's been in every single movie that has Alabama in it, and every time a Southern town or city is even mentioned in a movie. Hell, it became such an icon for those, that that is EXACTLY the first thing I think about when I hear this song - not the band, and definitely not Neil Young.

Marvin Gaye - Lets Get It On
Do you have a light love scene in a movie? If yes, this is the place you should start it off. In fact - according to imdb- there are 206 titles that have this damn song in it currently. 206 is 205 too much in my opinion.


Carl Douglas - Kung fu fighting
I crack up every time I hear this song, because at this time around it usually comes with hilariously bad fight scenes. Now, since I'm a 90's kid, I managed to catch the dieing breaths of the last kung fu movies, and so till these days I'm associating this song with comedies. (Because quite frankly who the hell doesn't take a kung fu movie as a comedy).


Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
I have no actual idea why but whenever I listen to this song "The Nutcracker" comes to my mind... even though I know that it doesn't have anything to do with it. It's probably because of the whole sneaky elves in the middle of the night trying to steal your clothing feeling to it.


Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
It's amazing that even though it is so overused, whenever this song comes up you still perk up just a little bit. It's probably ingrained in our genes by now that you have to twitch your legs and move your shoulders along with the movie as you sit in front of your computer monitor (or the TV for the old fashioned ones...or the cinema for the ones who are willing to pay).


Drowning Pool - Bodies
Dear God how I hate this damn song. And quite frankly it's not because of the movies it has been in - it's because whenever I played an MMO, or watched a YouTube video about any in-game fighting this song is playing in the background. Yes, I admit, it's something that will get you into the mood to kill, but please... stop using it.


Baha Men - Who let the Dogs Out
Chances are, if the movie is about a dog, you'll hear this one. Quite frankly, I made it my life purpose to find out who was the person who forgot to close the freaking door. Please e-mail me if you find clues on this one.


Smash Mouth - All Star
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear this is Shrek. The thing is, it was featured in a lot more movies, and I'm pretty sure everyone can come up with just a couple more right at this moment.


Yello- Oh yeah
Probably the most hilarious one till now. I have actually no idea why, but this song was practically in every single movie from the 80's, and from 2000 on - since the 80's became popular again- it became the signet song whenever an 80's scene popped up.


Steppenwolf/Mars Bonfire - Born To Be Wild
Here's another "look here, I'm a badass" song... only this one has to be actually in most movies that have a motorcycle in it.


Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door
This is the song that will probably say "It's another retarded Adam Sandler movie you will love!"


James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
I will always remember veggies dancing and throwing themselves into bowls of oil, and if you ever lived in Romania you probably know what I'm talking about.


Cobrastyle - Teddybears
Di bom digi bom di deng di deng digigi uu uuu
carubuano peer with di bom digi bom di deng di deng digigi uu uuu... Nuff' said.


Jackson 5 - ABC
If you have a child running amok or a clueless man learning anything in a movie, Tito Jackson is sure to get a check.


Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna
You probably know this one as the "requiem for a dream' song. To see how overused it actually is... they even used it in LOTR.


Sooo... I'm pretty sure I've left out a huge number of other songs. Do you know any others?
Category: