... have to tell you guys, is that I'm going to be a bit busy these next weeks.

Exam weeks are coming up and not only I have a bunch of essays to write, and learn some boring laws, I also need to start a stupid little chemistry project too.

Of course, it won't be all that bad. I'll have Ágota over for the week and we are going to watch the ESC together. And probably do a whole bunch of other interesting things too.

What I'm trying to say is that I probably won't be able to write every day. I'll try, of course, but then again real life comes first.

So... because today I have to start with one of those damn essays (something about SO2 and health) I'm going to have only a single topic.

Since the start of this blog I had some people reading my stuff every single day. As you probably all know by now, I get the most clicks from all over California, Palo Alto in particular. So I thought it would be nice to give something for those guys from there - even though I still have no idea who they actually are. (And when I have the time I will post a couple of things of other cities too).

Palo Alto is, as I said, in California in Santa Clara County. It's one of the most expensive cities in the United States, with high-tech technology companies like Hewlett-Packard, VMware, Tesla Motors, Ning, IDEO,Palantir Technologies, Google,Facebook, Logitech,Intuit, Sun Microsystems,and PayPal residing in it.

It got its name from the Redwood tree, that grows around the place.
















I always wanted to see those trees - I remember that when I was a kid we had an old Encarta CD and I used to look at pictures of awesome places from all around the world. Thankfully we have the internet at our disposal since then, so It's a lot easier to get info.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Palo Alto is also where you will find Stanford University - and I'm pretty sure that we all heard about that place. This is how it looks like:



















Palo Alto is also home to other interesting places. Here are some of them:

Arastradero Preserve






















Arizona Cactus Garden























Elizabeth Gamble Garden


























Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve























There are of course a bunch of other nice places there you could visit - I just picked out a couple I was best interested in.

And since I mentioned those well-known companies, here are a bunch of people from the place, you might know:

Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google.
David Filo, co-founder of Yahoo!
Steve Jobs, deceased co-founder of Apple Inc.; lived in Palo Alto 1980-2011; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
Jawed Karim, co-founder of Youtube.
William Hewlett, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
David Packard, deceased co-founder of technology company Hewlett-Packard; buried at Alta Mesa Cemetery in Palo Alto
Larry Page, co-founder and CEO of Google.
Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of Facebook.
Owen Van Natta, COO of Facebook, CEO of Myspace, COO of Zynga.

I'm actually quite surprised at this. I didn't realize that most of these people are from the same place- probably because I didn't really care. Which is a shame since I use the stuff they made daily. But there, now I know. And all of you guys who read my blog know too. And, of course, if you want to read even more about the city, feel free to click here.
Category: