...have to tell you guys, is that I'm still exhausted.

In the last 48 hours I barely slept a few hours since I had to study for my exam today. Luckily I'm all done with that now, and I'm happy to say that the professor gave us the exact topic I managed to somehow learn this morning.

Anyways, Emő told me that she is awaiting my post today with impatience, but the thing is I'm too tired to think of something interesting to write about. I'm going to try to entertain you for a couple of minutes at least, though.

As I was coming home I thought that I should make a little puzzle for you guys, but as soon as I inserted my tablet into the comp I realized that I have no idea how to use it anymore.

I guess I'm out of practice now. I didn't draw anything for a long while, so it's not really a surprise and I can't use my scanner either because it doesn't work for some reason.

This makes me kinda angry, cause the whole thing is brand new and I barely used it a couple of times till now. I tries searching for some kind of solution for it, but sadly I couldn't find anything that would help.

So now I'm left here with the feeling you generally get when you have your pants down and you realize that there isn't any toilet paper.

But that's not really what I wanted to share today.

I came across a bunch of cool little short stories that had me smiling not because they were funny, but because they are quhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifite heartening.

I don't know how familiar you guys are with the site called FML (Fuck my life), but these are from a similar place. You can go in there and share your awesome stories anonymously with people, but this time -as I said- instead of reading about others' bad luck, you'll have a proof that there are still good people out there, and that fate works in mysterious ways.

So here are a couple of my favorite stories from Makes Me Think.

Today, about an hour after I lost my wallet, a man showed up at my front door with it. Everything was intact including the $200 in cash. As I expressed my gratitude, he explained to me that he hopes doing the right thing pays off for him. “Oddly enough, I lost my wallet sometime this morning too,” he said. “I had about the same amount of cash in there that you have and all my cards and IDs.” Without thinking about it, I pulled out $100 and handed it to him. “Take this, I insist,” I said. “Just in case you don’t find your wallet, we’ll split the cash.” He gratefully accepted the money and left. This evening he knocked on my door again. “Here’s your $100 back,” he said. “A woman found my wallet and returned it and all my cash about an hour ago.”

Today, while I was browsing in a secondhand bookshop, I found a copy of a book that had been stolen from me when I was a kid. I opened it and saw, on the first page, in familiar hand writing, my own name. It had been a gift from my (now late) grandfather. Next to my name my grandfather wrote, “I hope you rediscover this book someday when you’re older, and it makes you think about the important things in life."

Today, I unbuckled my seat belt (I’m passionate about wearing my seat belt) for two seconds so I could reach a printed map and directions sitting on the other side of the passenger seat. Just as I leaned over to grab it, I hit a big bump in the road and then my windshield shattered as a steel pipe that was hanging on the work truck driving in front of me shot, like a missile, through my windshield and directly into the center of the driver’s seat. I slammed on the brakes and crawled out of the passenger door. The cops that arrived at the scene couldn’t believe it either – there was an 8 foot steel pipe embedded into the driver’s seat, and it didn’t touch me.

Today was the 10 year anniversary of my dad’s passing. When I was a kid he used to hum a short melody to me as I was going to sleep. When I was 18, as he rested in his hospital bed fighting cancer, the roles were reversed and I hummed the melody to him. I haven’t heard that melody since and almost completely forgot about it until last night. My fiancé and I were lying in bed. We were turned on our sides looking at each other when he started humming the melody to me. He said his mom used to hum it to him when he was a kid.

Today, it’s been almost four months since my son’s seven-year-old dog, Grover, got lost at a crowded fair on the outskirts of Orlando, Florida. We were on a family vacation visiting my husband’s parents. We searched for him everywhere, put up flyers all over the city - the whole nine yards. Nothing. My son was devastated. This afternoon, Grover showed up at our front door in Austin, Texas all by himself.

“Today is your funeral,” my mother said to me over the phone as she cried hysterically from joy. I’ve been MIA overseas for the last few months after a mission I can’t speak about backfired. I was rescued this morning – the day of my funeral.

Today, I went ice skating. Everyone skating was young, except one guy in his mid-50’s. He kept falling down and smiling. And all the kids kept laughing along with him. I asked him why he decided to skate today. He said, "I was at work earlier and realized I had never been ice skating. So here I am."

Today, I felt hopeless and alone as I was driving home after a brutal breakup with my boyfriend. I turned on the radio and the MJ song "You Are Not Alone" was playing. At the exact moment the chorus came on, I passed a huge billboard sign that said in big black letters, "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!"

Today I am in London taking a semester of classes abroad. My twin brother is in the Marines serving his first tour of duty in Iraq. This evening we were both outside talking to each other on the phone. And just when I said, “You feel like a world away,” we both saw the same shooting star.

Today, I was walking home from work in the pouring rain without an umbrella. I was walking just behind an elderly man who had an umbrella. As we both passed under the overhang to an apartment building, he stopped, turned around and handed me the umbrella. He said, “This is my stop and you look like you need an umbrella. Pass it along someday when the opportunity arises.”
Category: