...managed to watch last weekend were a couple of Oscar movies.

So today I'm bringing you guys 3 short reviews of three different movies.
1. Les Misérables


I might be the only one in this world who doesn't care one bit about Victor Hugo. Don't really know why, but most of his more famous books seem absolutely boring to me. I'm blaming my utter incapability to care about the French revolution. I'm sorry. I really am, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but it's how things are. 

The movie is really, really long, and I found it mostly annoying because of the non-stop caterwauling.  I swear, this was worse than any musical I've seen. 

Sure, I'm already used with Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter in the role of weird and crazy assholes (Sweeney Todd, anyone?), but I think they were the only good point in this movie. 

The guy who played Marius was really, really creepy, and I already dislike Amanda Seyfried so no points there. The girl who played Éponine was also kind of annoying, because I was expecting for her to do something wretched until the last moment. Yeah, I haven't read the book, so I had pretty much no idea what this movie was about (besides the fact that some guy gets jailed and the condemned all his life for a freaking loaf of bread. Why does this sound familiar? Aladdin, maybe?). 

I guess the only good thing I can say about this is that the costumes and the scenery was pretty well done - beautiful indeed. But that's really not enough when it comes to a good story. 

I'm pretty sure that after watching this movie I will never even attempt to read Victor Hugo books. 

2. Zero Dark Thirty 


At first, everyone was expecting this movie to win the Oscars. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it would. It's the longest, most boring movie I've had to watch in my whole life. It's two and a half hours of misery. 

I swear I almost fell asleep while watching it. 

And let me tell you, it's not only the fact that for two hours NOTHING happens. The main character's acting is so freaking annoying that i wanted to shut the whole damn thing off after the first five minutes. I really have no idea how I managed to power trough it. 

Also, the big point where the raid happens and they finally get Bin Laden is probably the worst part of it, mainly because I was expecting for that part to at least pick up and be interesting. 

Well, it wasn't. And I don't even think that it was because we all knew already how it will end up. I think that it was mostly because I'm used to bigger booms. 

Quite frankly, I think this whole thing would've been better as a short and succinct documentary. In fact, I'm sure that that would have been a lot more interesting. 

Oh, and the dialogue was horrible too. 

Really? "I'm the motherfucker who found Bin Laden?" Couldn't you make up something at least a little bit better? 

So, yeah. I can actually see this win the Oscars. Mostly just to spite me. 

3. Argo 


All right, this one wasn't a long snooze-fest as the other two. Sure, after the intro I was expecting something WAY better, but still. Argo is a pretty good movie. 

I actually hope that this one will win over the stupid Zero Dark Thirty (not that the two movies are so different and all), just because this one actually had a good start and a good ending (even while the middle part of it was kind of boring, it was still necessary). 

Damn, am I starting to become one of those stupid people who want nothing but stuff exploding all over the screen? 

Well, if I am, this one has much to live up to, too. 

As I said, the intro of the movie was pretty good to set the mood of the movie, and it provided enough information so everyone could follow it without the need to run off and look up the history behind it. 

The characters were kind of flat, tho, as far as movies go. If it weren't for the interesting action, I think I would've hated this as much as Zero Dark Thirty. 

Anyways, Argo will never make it to my favorite movies list, that's for sure, but out of 10 points I think I could give it a nice average of 5. (And just for comparison, Zero Dark Thirty gets a lousy 2 out of 10 from me). 
Category: