...looked up for you guys, are weird, but at the same time amazing house designs.

I realized that you guys really love out of the ordinary stuff. I don't blame you, I do too. So today, because we are just one week away of the first day of Advent, I thought, it would be nice to show you a few interesting buildings out there. Maybe these will give you some ideas for your future homes ;)





1. The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland)
I'm not exactly sure who came up with the idea to make a house like this, but I like it a lot. It's very original, and in my opinion, just great for a fantasy story. I looked up what this building actually is. Apparently, it's a hotel. I can tell you one thing: if I visit Sopot anytime in the future I will sure as hell go see this one. They say it's even more amazing live.




2. Kansas City Public Library (Missouri, United States)
I was wondering, howcome no one ever came up with the idea of a library shaped like a... well, library. I think it's extraordinarily beautiful, and I swear this building makes me want to go read those books right now. Whoever doesn't want to go inside the place after seeing it's outside, is probably either blind, or just hopeless.




3. Cob House (Vancouver, Canada)
This one might not look weird, but in my opinion it's just too cute to pass over it. The best part of this one is that it's made clay, sand and straw which has already been used around the world to create beautiful buildings that stand the test of time. And the materials are all natural and ecologically sustainable. My future house will probably have this one as a model.



4. Atomium (Brussels, Belgium)
For the people who just love science, this is the best place on Earth. This building houses different expos in it's different spheres and you can get to those using the elevators situated in the tubes between the spheres. The building in itself forms a the shape of a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times. The top sphere will also give you a panoramic view of Brussels.



5. Mind house (Barcelona, Spain)
I think this one was took out of a fairytale.It's actually a part of many houses in a park, and it's near another one that's shaped like a gingerbread house. If there was a Hansel and Gretel in real life, I think this is where the legendary witch lived. It's primary purpose today is hosting a gallery.






6. Wilkinson residence (Portland, Oregon)
Who doesn't love tree houses? In fact, who grew up and never wanted to have one as a kid? Well, this one is not exactly the tree house your dad can build for you. What I love the most about this house is that it has huge windows. I always wanted a house with huge windows, and at least one room that's made of windows so I can relax at night, watching the stars from my bed.



7. Tiny Victorian cottage (Catskills, New York)
This little cottage must be the biggest dollhouse I've ever seen. The only way to approach it, is to hop over a line of stones that are in the middle of a little stream. I guess dreams do come true sometimes. I wouldn't mind spending a few quiet hours in the middle of that little forest.






8. Upside-down house (Szymbark, Poland)
This two story house is the best place for those with a good stomach. If you don't suffer from motion sickness, this is what you want to live in. It will guarantee to make most people confused. Also the furniture in it is mostly mounted to the ceiling. Thus you will have limitless floor space.






9. Shell house (Isla Mujeres, Mexico)
For those out there who read the Harry Potter series... this is how I pictured shell cottage to look like, for some reason. At the moment this building is available for vacation rental too! I think this place is just great for those who love the sea, and of course the Little Mermaid.






10. Earth house (Dietikon, Switzerland)
Earth House Estate Lättenstrasse is build on the ground.The residential settlement consists of nine houses, three 3 bedroom, a 4 bedroom, a 5 bedroom, three 6 bedroom and a 7 bedroom house. The earth-house concept uses the ground as an insulating blanket that efficiently protects it from rain, low temperatures, wind and natural abrasion. An earth house does not have to be built under the ground, it can be placed onto naturally grown terrain.

So, guys, what do you think? Did these give you ideas?
Category: