...am happy about, is that the week is almost over.

It's been a busy and tiring one, but I loved every minute of it. Tho the real work around the house is just starting, I think I'll be able to cope with it.

I have to make an announcement too... whoever shared my post yesterday, I thank thee! My statistics show that we are just under one thousand views, so keep up the good work! Let's try getting to that limit in the next few days.


Since I came home I've been copying some old cartoons and movies on my computer. I got the Dvds from a friend, and since now I'm a bit nostalgic, I thought it would be nice to take a look at some really cool Disney characters.

I have to tell you though, since I don't like any new Disney movies, most of these character will be from old(er) animated movies. Also, the characters listed are MY favorite ones, so don't come telling me they are crappy. I love them WAY better than the stupid bints they call princesses.

1. Anton Ego, from Ratatouille
I love Ego's character, and truly, the whole movie, because it's a bit different than all the others. First off, this "evil" character is not destroyed at the end. Ego is a bitter man, but at the same time he shows humility when he is presented at the end with the truth. He is passionate about his work, and has firm beliefs he sticks to till the end... well, until he is proven otherwise.








2. Crush, from Finding Nemo
Crush is really just a minor character in all of the story, but I loved him. This 150 years old turtle acts like a punk, and talks like a punk. I love his energy. In fact, Squirt, his offspring "Totally Rocks, Dude".








3. Kronk - from The Emperor's New Groove
So, if you haven't seen this movie yet, you should check it out. It's actually one of my favorite Disney movies, although it's really unappreciated, for some reason. I find the whole movie hilarious, especially the character of Kronk. Kronk is the dim-witted henchman of the movie's evil protagonist, Yzma. Although he help Yzma out a lot, he is not evil at all. He is just too stupid to know what is actually happening around him. In fact, here is a little video about him. Check it out for yourself

4. Tantor - from Tarzan
Tantor reminds me a little bit of Neville from the Harry Potter series. He is quite a coward, but he does love his friends. In the end he "mans up" and helps Tarzan out when he needs it. He is also quite a cute little elephant at the start if the movie, and turns out to be one of the funniest characters in the whole movie.




5. Mushu - from Mulan
I don't think I've ever known anyone who has seen Mulan before and not loved Mushu. Mushu is one of the best characters out of all Disney movies in my opinion. Although he is impulsive and he has a lot of selfish moments, he does admit and realize he is wrong, and tries to make things right. He is also loyal and overconfident, but those things are, in my opinion, what make him seem more approachable. It seems my favorite characters are usually the ones that are a bit more... realistic, as far as their personalities go.

6. Philoctetes - From Hercules
I remember those old video games about Disney movies, like the Lion King, Aladdin and of course Hercules. I had quite a bit of trouble mastering the running levels, but absolutely loved the comments of the old teacher, Philoctetes. This satyr is funny and wise at the same time. He loves his students as they were his own, and demands to be respected and trusted by them. Although he has also quite a few flaws (like having some great issues with women... he even stalks some of them, and he also contradicts himself quite a few times) I think that is again what makes his character more human.

7. Zazu - from The Lion King
I bet that if you ask anyone who their favorite character in The Lion King is, they will probably answer Timon and Pumba. I agree with this, since they are quite a funny pair, but I find that Zazu is a lot more enjoyable in the long run. I find his his proper, dignified, nervous, and easily-rattled personality quite funny. But, same as Philoctetes he also tries his best to help those that he considers friends.




8. Iago - from Aladdin
Iago is very clever, and makes witty, sarcastic remarks constantly. But he's also very greedy, which sometimes makes him gullible if he thinks there's treasure to be found. He has some kind of bond with Jasmine too, since he tries to help her out in small matters, and also hates to disappoint or hurt her. In fact, she is probably the reason why he always returns to help out his friends, so I guess I might even call him loyal.



9. Lumiere - from the Beauty and the beast
I love Lumiere because while he is the most trusted friends of the Beast he is also quite rebellious. The Beast turns to him a lot of times when he needs advice, even when it comes to love. Lumiere is charming and free spirited, but at the same time he treasures his friends too. He values Cogsworth like a brother, even though Cogsworth doesn't always approve of his actions. (Cogsworth always tiptoes around his master, since he never wants to get into trouble. He tries to avoid angering the Beast, as much as possible)

10. Flower - from Bambi
Flower is in my opinion the cutest Disney character ever. Also, in my opinion the part where Bambi and Thumper first meet Flower is one of the most amazing parts of any Disney movies out there. It's charming and heart warming and cute and i don't know about you guys, but I think it also has a little bit of sadness to it too. You be the judge!

P.S. I still won't bite you if you leave a comment :)
Category: