...think I finally managed to get is the flu.

And just at the start of Christmas, too. How amazing is that.

Well, anyways I'm trying to survive it without succumbing to the bed, and I'm hoping that I will too. Don't worry, though, I still won't miss the chance to post something new every day.



Today, while we were cleaning out the "living room" we were listening to some music on the T.V.

I noticed something while at it. Linkin Park was doing a cover of an Adele song, and I thought, it was even better than the original.

And this is how I had the idea of making a list about some cover songs, that I think are way better than the original songs.

1. Linkin Park - Rolling in the Deep (Adele cover)
As you already probably know I love Linkin Park, so it's probably not a big surprise to read this here. The version Adele sings was good enough I suppose, since it's still on the damn radio every five minutes. But for me there was something missing from it. I guess it was a male voice... Here is the original:


And here is the version Linkin Park sings. They didn't change anything in it, beside... well, the voice.


2. Marilyn Manson -Sweet dreams (Eurythmics cover)
The two couldn't be more different, I guess. But hell, if the Marilyn Manson version isn't way better than the original. Manson pushed harder on the boundaries than Eurythmics, and that's why his cover managed to get so many fans.
I remember the time when I also loved to listen to Manson, though the guy creeped me out otherwise. Anyways, I think his version is a lot more fun to blast while you are traveling somewhere. But hey, here are both versions, so you can decide also.
The original:


And, of course the cover:


3. Vanilla Sky - Umbrella (Rihanna cover)
God, I hate Rihanna and her songs. Especially this one. It was always playing everywhere at that time, and I remember the day I first came upon the version sang by Vanilla Sky. Also, the music video the guys made was hilarious and I probably love them just because they had the balls to stand up and say something I always thought: Rihanna is stupid.
Here's the original:


And the better one:


4. GoldFinger - 99 Red Balloons (Nena cover)
If you haven't heard this song before you probably suck at life. I think it was covered in quite a few comedy movies and t.v. shows out there (Scrubs, and EuroTrip). But the fact remains that GoldFinger did a better job with the song than Nena. The guys made it sound a lot more fun, a little bit punk and way faster. If you want to check them out, here they are.

The original:


And the cover:


5. Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue eyes (The Who cover)
I could bet something on the fact that you probably didn't even know this song was a cover. The original was sung by The Who. And in my opinion it sucked. The one that Limp Bizkit sings is in my opinion a lot more enjoyable. Also, The Who (Fu*k, I almost wrote doctor who) has a strange part in their song where they switch the rhythm to a faster one. I think that part is just creepy. Here, listen to it yourselves.



And compare it to the cover:


6. The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum cover)
Oh, I remember dancing to this so many times when I was still at school. There was practically no party without falling,kicking someone and/or breaking something accidentally during this song. And no matter what anyone else says, the cover is WAY better than the original. Sorry, all you Pendulum fans out there... Here, you can take a look at what I'm talking about. Even the music video rocks of the song cover.(Maybe it's just me, but I don't even understand what the flying fu*k is going on in the original version)

Original:


And cover:


7. Disturbed - Land of confusion (Genesis cover)
Oh dear I loved this song soooo much. I used to play MMORPGs to the cover song. It gave just the right mood for me killing all the fu*ked up characters popping up on the screen. Disturbed has quite a few cool songs, to tell you the truth (Prayer is one of my favorites besides this one). And although the original version was probably something amazing at the time it came out (1986) the cover version sounds way better in my opinion. And I also love the little cartoon they made for the music video.

Here is the original (it's creepy):


And the cover:


8. Aretha Franklin - Respect (Otis Redding cover)
This is again probably one of those songs that everyone knows. But who else actually knew the Aretha Franklin version was actually a cover. The original song was sang by Otis Redding, in 1965. Aretha made the song a hit in 1967, so whenever people say she was the original singer, they are wrong. But I guess no one really cares, since her version is better than the original, right? Here, you can check out both of them. First off the original:


Than the cover:


9. Muse - Feeling good (Nine Simone cover)
Although I absolutely love the original version, I think the cover is a little bit better. I think this song would be good no matter what though, so I'm probably not a good judge. I actually heard it while I was playing The Saboteur and drifting all around Paris killing Nazis. I also think the Muse version has something incredibly erotic, and maybe even a little bit of danger to it. (Probably because it's actually sung by guys this time?)

The original:


The cover:


10. HIM - Wicked Game (Chris Isaak cover)
I know a lot of people would not agree with me, but I just love HIM's voice. And especially his older songs rule. I don't even know what else to write about this one. I think you could just check it out and decide for yourselves which one is better. Or maybe you'll love both of them, who knows?

Original:


Cover:


(Also, don't forget to share and comment!)
Category: