...have been invited to, is my niece's play.

It'll be special, I guess, since it's her first one. She is in nursery school, you see. I'm really curious about her, since I don't think she will be too thrilled to have a bunch of people staring at her.



After my last posts, I think it's time to learn something new again. And since I also know that you guys love weird stuff, here is another list I made for you.

Now, I don't really know what scientists were working on while they discovered these things, but the fact is, they did.

1. When are women beautiful?
Apparently some scientists thought it would be good to research this question. I guess it would be a good topic, but what I don't understand is how did they come to the conclusion to do the tests based on when women are menstruating. Because, ladies and gentlemen, the tests show men find women on their period a lot more attractive than when they are not. They found this out by taking two picture of each woman, one while they are on their period, and one two weeks later. They showed the pictures to men, who had to choose which picture looked better. Scientists say this is because during the period of ovulation women have an improved skin tone and color. Also, here is the time to mention that lap dancers make more money when they are at the peak of their fertility period.






2. Some dinosaurs cooked their eggs!
Okay, before you think that they were just having a full English breakfast, they didn't cook them so they could eat them. Apparently dinosaur were bad-ass, and they put their eggs in hydrothermal vents. The temperature of those vents were at least 60 degrees Celsius, and went up to 100. They then left them there for about one or two months. Now you could imagine what happened with the eggs by then. A dinosaur egg is about 20 centimeters and its thickness was around 1 centimeter. While the eggs were in the nests, the heat made the shells get thinner, and when the embryo matured they could actually fight their ways out trough the shells.

3. Cats manipulate their owners.
I think cats and I have a mutual dislike of each other. I can remember, even when I was a kid, they managed to scratch, bite and hiss at me furiously whenever I tried to pet them. Finding out that they can actually manipulate people isn't too much of a surprise to me. Apparently they have a special kind of sound they make when they want something, and since it comes very close to the sound babies make people either get out of their way to accommodate their pets, either get so annoyed they want to kick something. I think I would fall in the latter...



4. Good/Bad Dancing Science
In 2010 scientists figured out what is considered a good dance move. They made 19 men dance around, and of course recorded their moves. Than they analyzed their movies with a computer program, and asked women which do they find more attractive based on their movements. The most important factors to the women were not the arms or legs, but rather the speed and movement of the right knee, along with the size and variation in neck and back movements. Twitchy and repetitive moves went down terribly. You can actually check out which is considered bad and good here. Maybe you'll learn something for the ladies, eh?






Good:

And bad( who the hell dances like this anyway? )

5. Why do people forget why they walked into a room?
I bet this happened to everyone out there. You walk into a room just to turn around with a dumb confusion on your face. You don't remember why you needed to come here, or what you wanted to do. Apparently, the answer lies in the doorways. "Entering or exiting through a doorway serves as an 'event boundary' in the mind, which separates episodes of activity and files them away," said lead researcher Gabriel Radvansky, a psychologist at the University of Notre Dame. "Recalling the decision or activity that was made in a different room is difficult because it has been compartmentalized." You can read more about this here. (And I still prefer thinking that the reason behind this lies behind someone cancelling an action...)
Category: