... have to tell you guys, that today took me by surprise.
















After classes - which, surprisingly, were quite enjoyable- I had quite a nice afternoon playing with the Wii, and spending some time with family and friends.

The thing that caught me by surprise, though, was the fact that there were so many protestations going on all around our country. I just watched for almost an hour how people keep fighting on the streets of Bucharest, and after all the shit that's going on in the world nowadays, I think this was just the thing missing.

I'm not going to go into politics, and economy and crap like that, but dang, I wish all of it would collapse already. Maybe starting from zero would finally straighten out the world.



On this account, and because Emő told me she finds it strange, that I never once posted anything about the show I'm watching - Queer As Folk - I'm going to post a few quotes from it.

WARNING: If you guys are squeaked out by everything that's gay (meaning gay sex, relationships, sex, clubs, and yes, sex too), H.I.V, Aids, lesbians, cancer, drugs and all kinds of stuff like that, this is NOT the thing you should watch. But for those who are curious, I'm going to admit this show is one of the best series I've ever seen.

1. "It's not lying if they make you lie. If the only truth they can accept is their own."

2. "A song and a snack can turn any moment into an occasion. "

3. "So in other words, for Justin to live here with you, he has to deny who he is... what he thinks... and how he feels. Well, that's not love. That's hate. "

4. "Welcome to the real world Daph... Nobody gives a shit about a Gay-Straight Alliance. "

5. "If you ask me, nobody makes a better woman than a gay man. "

6. "A leopard can't change his stripes and neither can a queer. "

7. "There is an alternative to going out in a blaze of glory, and that's giving 'em all the big 'Fuck you.' "

8. "A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many. But celebrate the victories because they are few."

9. "Two hours for a fuckin' Band-Aid. Good thing I wasn't decapitated or I'd be sitting in that goddamn Emergency Room holding my head all night."

10. "As Deb once said to me, "Em, you've been on more wieners than French's mustard.""

11. "If God wanted me on ice, he would have made me a vodka martini."

12. "If you don't earn respect when you're alive, you don't deserve it when you're dead."

13. "I don't believe in love; I believe in fucking. It's honest, it's efficient. You get in and out with the maximum of pleasure and minimum of bullshit. Love is something straight people tell themselves they're in so they can get laid, and then they end up hurting each other because it was all based on lies to begin with."

14. "No excuses, no apologies, no regrets."

15. "Then you turned around and you smiled, that's when I realised why Debbie calls you Sunshine."

16. "I've always said it isn't who you love, it's how you love. Genitalia is just simply god's way of accessorizing."

17. "They say men think about sex every 28 seconds. Of course, that's straight men. With gay men, it's every 9. You could be at the supermarket or the laundromat, or buying a fabulous shirt, when suddenly you find yourself checking out some hot guy. Hotter than the one you saw last weekend or went home with the night before, which explains why we're all at Babylon at 1:00 in the morning instead of at home in bed. But who wants to be at home in bed? Especially alone, when you could be here, knowing that at any moment you might see Him. The most beautiful man who ever lived. That is, until tomorrow night."

18. "'We all need each other.' Well, it's a crock of shit. You're the only one you need. You're the only one you got."

19. "There's nothing noble about being poor"

20. "If you wanna hit me, go right ahead. Only I'm not gonna cry like some little faggot. And if you wanna send me away to school that's alright too. Because I bet more butt-fucking goes on in boarding school than in the backroom of Babylon. But whatever you do it's not gonna matter. Because I'll still be your queer son."

21. "I'm half-Italian, half drag-queen. I'm allowed to get wound up!"

22. "They say is good for you, that it keeps you on your toes. Well, if that's true, I should be a fucking ballerina."

23. "Sex is never the right thing to do! Feeding the poor is the right thing to do, hiring the handicapped is the right thing to do."

24. "So we fall in love with someone we know we can't have, and who's never gonna love us, and we fantasize about the day, when all of a sudden he realizes and sees everything he's been missing. You know, and all our dreams come true, only, that day never comes, and before you know it, it's your fortieth birthday, it's your fiftieth birthday, and you're still alone. Don't let that happen to you Michael. Love someone for real, someone who loves you."

25. "There are no words to take away the illusion that every kid is entitled to: his invincibility."

26. Cody: Mind if I ask you a question, Pastor?
Pastor: Please.
Cody: This book, you have to believe all of it, not just some of it, right?
Pastor: That's right.
Cody: So, do you like shrimp?
Pastor: Well, as a matter of fact I do.
Cody: Because in Leviticus, a few scriptures before that man lying with man is an abomination one, it also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, and shrimp are shellfish, right?
Pastor: What's your point, young man?
Cody: I believe the point is, if you can eat shrimp, we can eat cock.
Pastor: Son, you need the Lord. You need to accept Jesus.
Cody: Oh, I accept Jesus. It's assholes like you, I have a problem with.

27. "Emmett: Just call me the Queer Guy!
Ted: Isn't that, like calling the Pope, the Catholic Guy?"