... started listening to today, is the Game of Thrones series.

I know that I talked about this a lot nowadays, but these last episodes made me get the series. And since I had almost an hour long walk to the kindergarten, I thought that it would be a good time to start on it. (Even though I'm not a huge fan of "listening" to books instead of reading them)

Thus far, I have to tell you guys that the movies are very loyal to it - I finished up the introduction chapter of Daenerys - and that I'm ashamed that I haven't read the books before I started watching the series.

Well I guess now I have the chance to catch up with it - almost a whole year, till the next season comes out.

And I guess, instead of listening to music from now on when I go somewhere, I can listen instead to the books. I will just have to hope that my mind won't wonder while I do that.

Anyways, I'm not here to talk about Game of Thrones.

I'm actually here to review another series I've been checking out on and off lately.

I had The Borgias (2011) in my 'to watch' list for quite a while now, and I guess it was just the right time to check it out.


























I remember asking a few friends if any of them watched it- especially Ágota, since I know that she likes historical movies.

She told me it was a so-so show: not so good that you could lose yourself in it, but a decent enough show for when you are bored.

I had to agree with her for the first couple of episodes. Something was missing from the whole show, but I don't really know what.

It has intrigue, it has a lot of crime, it has pretty good actors (Holliday Grainger does an awesome Lucrezia, and Jeremy Irons is a great choice for Rodrigo), and it has amazing costumes and sets.

The historic part I'm not too familiar with - I actually had to look up the Borgia family on the internet to refresh my memory of who they were, so I guess I shouldn't be the judge of something I have no idea of (I haven't even played Assassin's Creed). The parts I looked up till now are almost all kinda in there, but they probably added a lot of extra information that could only come from imagination.

What I have to tell you guy about this story is that you have to be patient for it to start getting good. I'm currently at the end of the first season, and it's a lot better than when it started - the actors are getting more fluent, and the story is getting a lot more interesting.

So, guys... If you ever had a fascination with the Renaissance, I sure hope you will check this show out.

And now, here are a couple of great pics of the costumes to give you guys an idea of what it will be like.





























Category: