...promised yesterday was to continue my "apocalypse" post.

And maybe answer my own questions also.

I have to admit that I watched a short little documentary about how some people think the world will recover if the whole of humanity would be wiped out suddenly.

If you are interested, here's the first part:



Taking into account how those cities/towns are at the moment that were abandoned only about 50-60 years ago, I would say that it would be enough to wait about that same time to have trees and grass and flowers growing between the concrete walls of different building.

I'm not sure if it's in this video or not (I watched it about 2 or 3 months ago), but I know that what I'm now going to say is already in a documentary somewhere.

Nature is not what we should worry about. Nature will be always here, it will always survive in some way. The only thing we should worry about is us.

Now, this doesn't mean that you should give up your recycling or waste drinking water. On the contrary.

Now, on to the other question: which would be the first city to suffer?

It would be obvious that bigger cities would succumb to the destruction later than their more little cousins - but just because of their sheer size.

But then again, once nature sets its roots inside the buildings, I think that the bigger buildings would end up in causing a whole lot more damage to the whole city than the little ones we have around here. There is also the fact that bigger cities have a lot more people, and if some major disaster would struck they would suffer a lot more than the little ones.

Just imagine millions of people trying to escape the narrow roads between skyscrapers.

And where would I go if I would survive?

Well, to a big city, of course.

Since I'm not exactly an athletic person, and I have no idea how to kill an animal or something, I would have to first find some food that I could use. There is also the fact that on the highest levels of a building the probability to have some kind of wild animal attack you would be a lot lower than on the ground.

Big cities also tend to have big libraries, and libraries usually have good enough books from where I could learn new skills - and books are also pretty flammable, so I wouldn't have a problem with lighting a fire.

Good enough, I suppose - until all the food goes bad. After that, I guess I would have to rely on fishing. Fishing is simple... even though I'm not exactly a huge sea-food fan.

I guess all of this answers the next question too... I would definitely try to hide at first. I already know that if there are a few people in a group they will soon break up in two and fight against each other- it is in our nature. So I guess I should avoid this as long as I can.

If I survived the apocalypse, I don't want to die because some idiot kicks my ass.

And now... the last question: how would the world end?

Well, that one would be complicated.

In my mind the only way the world could end is to have an out-of-this-world event. I'm not talking about aliens or something like that.

I guess there aren't THAT many things that would wipe out every single living being on this planet. Maybe the Sun's explosion or a collision with a huge asteroid would do this. Otherwise I think that there would always be some kind of life here - if you look closely, there are all kinds of bacteria living in almost impossible places, so something really big should happen for all of them to be killed instantly.

So what do you think? Should we be afraid of huge wars, global warming or big earthquakes?
Category: