...am trying to do is make up another blog.

After yesterday's post I think that I could use one - you know, where I could post different stories and all.
Anyways, I'm still working out how it will work, but let me tell you this: soon, we all will have a place where we can post are better or worse works. I'll keep you guys updated on it! And until then, here's something to make a connection between the world of books and movies.

Let me show you a couple of upcoming movies that are based on different books.

1. Carrie (2013)


This is actually the third movie they make out of Stephen King's book. I don't think there's anyone out there who doesn't know what it is about, but I think there will be many, many people checking this out one way or other. And why shouldn't they? It's a freaking awesome story! 

2. The Book Thief (2014)

It's still a little soon for this to have a trailer, but the storyline looks interesting enough to me. It is about a young girl who lives in Germany during the second World War, who steals books to share with others. I have to admit that I have not read the book yet, but it actually sounds so interesting that I think I will. The book was written by Markus Zusak (and I think he will be also the one to write the screenplay), in case you were wondering. 

3. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

Don't worry, I won't miss this one out. I wouldn't miss out on something so obvious. This particular movie is actually only the second part of a short little story - and I guess, every single nerd fellow out there is looking forward to it. I have some thoughts on where it will end and where the third movie will start (tho I still think that they could've finished the whole storyline up in two movies) - I think that the third one will be mostly about the dwarfs "fighting" the humans, after they managed to get rid of the dragon. But oh well, only time will tell. 

4. The Maze Runner (2014)

Another story that I haven't read yet, but will not pass on it. It kind of resembles The Hunger Games as far as I can see- it starts out with a boy waking up in a lift that brings him down to a maze, where other people are also trapped. And later on apparently a girl joins him too. Also, the story is set in a dystopian world (which seems to me is the favorite topic of movies this upcoming years. That, and post-apocalyptic ones). Well, it kind of got me curious, so I'll read it before the movie. I'm not saying that it's amazingly good or absolutely bad, but... yeah. I'll check it out. 

5. The Alchemist (2014) 

Coelho's story isn't a very light read (it kind of reminded me of The Little Prince, for some reason). In fact, I don't really think that it can be turned into a really good movie - it is kind of based on thoughts and feelings, which is pretty hard to express on the screen. Well, that's just my opinion about it. Still, although I'm not a very big Coelho fan, I'm curious about how will they make this movie work. I hope it will be good. 

6. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013)


All right, I'm not really sure about this one yet. To me, it kind of looks like a crossover between Harry Potter and Twilight (with demons replacing the vampires, perhaps?) - which is not exactly something I would absolutely love to watch. Still, it got me a little bit curious. If I won't have anything else to do, I might read the books - I shall see. Maybe I'll find something better and skip on this one tho. 


Category: