...did today was to go out with some friends and my family.

It was pretty awesome, to tell you the truth. The locale's name was "Borissza", and although it isn't a huge place, it was pretty nice. Well, I guess it is pretty nice for everyone Hungarian in this city. It has nice Hungarian music, and absolutely delicious wine. Yeah, we actually went there to drink the wine (it IS after all a wine cellar. (And we also got some "zsíros kenyér" - bread and dripping - with onions! Fuck yeah!)

Aaaanyways.

Since I don't really have much time right now to write a huge blog post (we have guests), I thought that I will just hare a nice little recipe for Apple Muffins - I got the recipe from Ágota, so a big thank you goes out to her!

Here's what you will need:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 large apples
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I just used vanilla sugar)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

Also, I used some cinnamon for the apples (because they go really well together)

All right, what you have to do first is to either grease up your muffin cups or just line them with paper muffin liners. I chose to do the second, because I don't trust our oven not to burn them :P

Now, mix together the butter with the sugar, until it becomes all nice and creamy. Put in the eggs separately and beat after each addition.

Peal the apples and cook them a little so they become all soft. This is where I added some sugar and cinnamon, cause the apple I used was a little bit sour.

When the apple is done, add it to the previous mix, and also add the vanilla. Beat this until it is smooth.

Slowly mix in the flour, the salt and the baking powder.

And this is pretty much it. Place them nicely in your muffin cups and into the oven they go!

Check out some pics of it if your not sure where this places you:





Enjoy!
Category: