...finished reading is The Neverending Story.

Michael Ende's book seemed effing long, even though the book is pretty thin as books generally go.

I'm not sure why - it probably the way it's written that it took so long to read, and in this I can really say that it's a work of genius. 

But I have to also admit, that it also kind of scares me. 

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels like this after reading it - I'm hoping I'm not just some freak-, but let me tell you the whole thing confused me and delighted me at the same time. 

It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, mainly because it made me think of people high on fumes almost all the while, or at least on a trip of LSD.  

All right, the book has things that I generally like in books, but I think that Ende managed to take too many of good stuff and we all know that too many of something good can turn into something bad quite easily. And believe me, this book is walking the edge of sensory override all. the. way. 

It was just too much. As I said, I love the things this book brings up - the line between reality and fantasy, the rise to power, all your wishes coming true (and what fat person never dreamed about being fit and strong and loved by everyone, with only a simple wish, right? I would bet anything that most of our kind fantasized about it once or twice), friendship, loyalty, individuality, courage, self acceptance, love... and I could go on. 

The thing with this book is that it shouldn't be read as a whole book. Does that make any sense to anyone? I hope so. 

As I said, it's so complex, that after reading every single chapter you kind of feel like the story should have already ended, because it already seemed to teach you something - kind of like fairy tales. But no, it just went on and on and on, until I really only wanted to get trough it already. 

I love fairy tales, but those stories need a little time to be processed. They are short and kind of to the point so no one feels that you are wasting their time with it. 

Anyways, guys, if you ever decide to read this - be prepared that it's not at all what you have seen in the movies, and that it literally feels like it will never end. 

And this creeps me out to no end. 
Category: