... am going to show you guys today are a couple of interesting earthships.

For those who don't know what an earthship is, let me explain. It is a type of passive solar house made of natural and recycled materials, designed and marketed by Earthship Biotecture of Taos, New Mexico.
So why are they amazing?

First off, they are 100% sustainable home. They are cheap to build. They are anything BUT primitive. They are outfitted with greenhouses that grow crops all over the year, no matter what climate you live in.

Besides veggies, you can also choose to build in fishponds or chicken coops for extra meat and eggs.

It recycles water. It sustains temperature all year long, it has solar panels and wind turbines to provide you with electricity.

Because of this you will never again have to pay any bills. Ever. Which means you can practically do whatever you bloody want to do because you won't need money just so you can survive.

They are made of recycled materials, as I said before - for example, the structure is built with used tires filled with dirt, and the walls above the tires are created by placing plastic and glass bottles in the concrete.

So what do they look like?

Let me show you a couple of pics, then I'm off to continue with my studies :P










Any architectures out there? What do you think about this? It is a pretty good concept, however I do think that it needs some work put into the design :P I'm not too fond of those bottles sticking out of the wall at least. Otherwise they somewhat remind me of something out of the middle-east. 
Category: