...want to present to you guys is an amazingly tasty ice cream recipe.

I came upon it a couple of days ago, and seeing how easy it is to make, I decided to give it a shot.
Now before I start I have to explain a couple of things. First off I can't even remember the last time that we made ice cream at home, and even when we did we used those "instant" packages for it.

Second, I don't think I have tasted Orange flavored ice cream until today, so this is also new for me.

Third, the ice cream was actually a creamsicle recipe, but seeing how we didn't have popsicle molds or popsicle sticks for it, we decided to just split it up in four parts (for everyone in the family) and freeze them simply that way.

Of course, then my sis went ahead and used all kind of sprinkles and chocolate topping and orange pieces on it, as if she was a candidate in the Masterchef or something (I was laughing so hard I had to give her the camera to take some pics because I just couldn't do it).

Anyways, before I'll start showing the pics, here's the recipe - it's freaking fast to put it together, the only problem will be for you to actually wait for it to freeze.

But that's enough talk, let's get down to business.

What you will need:

1 cup of orange juice - can be fresh or frozen, or you can also use concentrate. We had some oranges so we squeezed them all out (it takes about 2 oranges to get a cup of juice)

1 cup of heavy cream - which can be substituted with very soft vanilla ice cream. We used the heavy cream, just because I thought that having ice cream as an ingredient for ice cream was stupid.

3 tablespoons of honey

You can also use some orange extract (we didn't) and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I actually used a little bag of vanilla sugar instead)

What you need to do:

Whisk every ingredient together, and put it in the freezer.

If you want to make creamsicles, wait for about an hour and put the popsicle sticks in, otherwise just let it sit there until it's frozen.

Here's a tip for all you guys who make it into creamsicles: pour warm water over the molds and the creamsicle will pop right out.

And as I promised, here's the masterpiece!




Category: