...I can probably say that I'm out of my depressed little hole.

Yesterday I downloaded a whole fucking bunch of Stephen King books to my tablet - like 55 that I didn't really read before (even though I know almost all of them from movies...).
And, because yesterday evening the Under the Dome series started running on TV, I actually started reading it too.

What I can tell you about it is that I barely read anything, and I fucking love it. I can barely wait for the show to be downloaded so I can finally check it out - the way the book starts is freakin' awesome...

You know... with people being cut in two, cars and airplanes exploding, people killing other people... awesome!

I guess this is just what I needed. Stephen King always seems to be my last resort - and whenever I pick a King book up, I always think about the things he said about writing:

"The scariest moment is always just before you start."

"You can, you should, and if you're are brave enough to start, you will."

"Writing isn't about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid or making friends. In the end, it's about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It's about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy."

"In many cases when a reader puts a story aside because it 'got boring', the boredom arose because the writer grew enchanted with his powers of description and lost sight of his priority, which is to keep the ball rolling."

"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut."

"I have spent a good many years since - too many, I think- being ashamed of what I write. I think I was forty before I realized that almost every writer of fiction or poetry who has ever published a line has been accused by someone of wasting his or her God-given talent. If you write (or paint or dance or sculpt or sing, I suppose), someone will try to make you feel lousy about it, that's all."

So yeah, guys here we are. Back at the door of mister King. Oooh, I do hope he won't turn me away, because I will be left without any more resources then.

And what about you guys? Do you have anyone you can fall back on in times of crisis?
Category: