...watched today was Despicable Me 2.

It was a pretty damn good movie - one that we were waiting for quite a loooong time, actually.


The minions are worth everything in it, even though the storyline wasn't as fantastically original as I hoped for - and I can also say that Steve Carell is probably one of the best comedians out there right now. 

The story starts out with little Agnes celebrating her birthday, and later on Gru is recruited to help catch a new villain who wants to take over the world - seeing how he was also one before and he is supposed to know how a villain thinks. 

Of course, the whole thing is then mixed together with Nefario leaving him to work for the enemy, and his oldest daughter having a crush on a boy - who, as clichés generally go, is the son of the villain. 

Oh, and let's not forget the other story that hangs in it - where everyone wants to set Gru up with a woman (after all, the kids need a mother blah blah blah). 

Sooo. Yeah. It was a bit over-complicated in my opinion. I mean, I think they should've stuck to one or two of these storylines, because this way it was just too hurried and it kind of seemed like they ended it at a part where I still wanted to find out more about how different things turned out. 

Anyways, I heard that they are making a whole minion movie now, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. I just hope that they won't fall down on the other side of the proverbial horse, because when it comes to spin-offs, we could generally say that there is rarely a good one. 

But, all in all it was a pretty good movie, I'm glad I checked it out, and I'm pretty sure that kids would love it. The minions are funny, Agnes is adorable, and the other characters are all kind of lovable too. So, yeah. Definitely check it out if you can. 
Category: