o...was wondering about is if anyone triedut that little thing about an eyepatch?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about here's the post.



As that post was saying, if you close one of your eyes you will be able to see much better in the dark.

So the last days I was doing a little experiment. And apparently it does work, only for me it had a really creepy side effect too.

I'm not sure if this was because when I went to bed I was the only one awake in the house, or because I watched 4400 before and it ended at a part that kept me thinking about it, but whatever the reason was it almost made me bolt for the cover of my bed.

It kinda reminded me of when I was a kid and when I had to enter a dark place I always did it with the speed of light so I could get back out of it without any problems. Or I tried to think about happy thoughts instead of thinking about the dark.

This closing-your-eye thingy works real well, but while I could see everything clearly with one eye, I felt as if I were literally half-blind.

I tried to rationalize everything - I usually do that when I suddenly feel afraid of something (for example when I was back in High School we used to have to learn to jump over a buck, and I was quite afraid of it. Nonetheless I picked up the brave facade and did it anyways... quite a couple of times. And even tho I still don't like it at all, I'm pretty sure I could still do it if I needed to. I hope to god I won't ever need to, tho).

The problem isn't this kind of fear though. You can control it, when you actually know you are afraid. The problem comes when you have no idea why you avoid doing some things.

Because chances are there are things you are afraid of, things that you have no idea of. You just instinctively (accidentally?) miss turning up at a job interview, or avoid walking on a specific route.

And all those times you miss the waring signs that usually go with fear - there's no increased heart rate or the feeling of need to look over your shoulders every five minutes.

It just... is.
Category: