... am going to finish today is the Eurovision Song Contest list.

So guys, this is it. The last day before I have to look for another topic to entertain you all. Damn, you are insatiable, aren't you? :)


So yesterday I wrapped it up with Croatia, and today it's time to visit Sweden. They are another country who joined in the line of so many summer hits before. Loreen - Euphoria is in my opinion again one of those songs that will be remixed over and over again for the delight of the night clubbers. I'm starting to believe that this second semi final is all about songs I will repeatedly hear when we will be vacationing somewhere at a pool's side.


Giorgia comes with Anri Jokhadze - I'm A Joker. The only comment I could make about this song is that it's a joke. Just like the first song in the first semi-final. I guess every show needs something really bad so you have something to laugh at, so I guess it's all right. I'm just hoping this will be the only one in the future.


And now it's time for Turkey. I didn't hear their song before but almost at every other contestant's video they are mentioned in the comment section as having the best song this year. They entered the contest with Can Bonomo - Love me back, and now that I'm listening to it I don't know what's all the hype. I don't like this song AT ALL.


Estonia Has a guy with an incredible voice. Ott Lepland - Kuula is a song I don't understand at all, but I can almost imagine that it's about something epic. Finally something that will be worth watching the second semi-final. I'm hoping Estonia will be up somewhere in the top. This year they are worth it.


It appears that in this second semi-final the best ones are left for the last. Max Jason Mai - Don't close your eyes is Slovakia's contestant, and I'm pretty much in love with their song. It's amazingly well done, the singer's voice is also fantastic and I can bet my hat on it that they will put on a great show too. This song deserves it after all.


Tooji - Stay was entered in the contest from Norway. It's also a song that is way better than the first ones in this semi-final. It doesn't come close to Slovakia, but it's a pretty decent party song. Apparently this year is full with these kind of music, and I'm glad of it. At least it's not all boring.


And this is where I bite my tongue. Bosnia & Herzegovina came with a really slow (and possibly boring) song, sang by Maya Sar and called Korake Ti Znam. The girl has a really nice voice, but in my opinion it's not enough. At least not for this kind of contest. It lacks that Eurovision feeling to it that most songs have, and it's not something that will be remembered.


The last one of this second semi-finals is Lithuania with Donny Montell - Love is blind. It's probably a great way to wrap the evening up because the song is pretty good, considering everything. And here I have to apologize for a mistake I did in the first ESC list - LT United's song was from Lithuania not Latvia. A noob mistake - apparently my geography isn't what it used to be a couple of years ago.


And now, on to the songs that are already in the Grand Finale. The first being the United Kingdom, with Engelbert Humperdinck - Love Will Set You Free. I don't know who this guy is, but his name has me in fits every time I look at it. I think it would make the show even if there wasn't even a song he could sing.


The second country singing in the Grand Finale is France, with a pretty decent song all in all. Anggun - Echo (You And I) has a bunch of french stuff in it I don't understand but it's OK this time. The rhythm is good and it's probably the thing that gets this music going. It probably won't be the winning song, but it will most assuredly be in the top.


Italy is the third in the row - and it doesn't fail to give what it was expected of it. Nina Zilli - L'Amore È Femmina is a song that could also find himself in the top quite easily. It's professionally done, and it could become a world-wide hit with a little work. I guess there are some countries that don't get lazy as soon as they find themselves in the top places. Which is good, because I've seen countries settle back as soon as they got into the top 5 and the next year they came up with something really crappy.


Sabina Babayeva - When The Music Dies is from Azerbaijan, the fourth country in the Grand Finale. The thing I said at Italy's song applies here too. This one is a pretty amazing song also, and now I'm getting excited because there are quite a bunch of songs I would love to see in the top 10. I'm just wondering what happens if the same countries make it that made it last year.


For some strange reason Eurovision's channel on YouTube forbade embedding of this next song, so I had to use another channel to make it work. It's Spain that I'm talking about, with their song Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo. Now I never really liked Spanish, but I guess that's only because the numerous Spanish telenovellas they have around here. Since I never watched any of them I have absolutely no idea what this song is about, but considering what the comment section under the video says, it must be pretty good.


And here is the time for the drums to roll, because this is the last song that's in the contest. And who would have guessed it? It's Germany! Now I have to admit Lena was pretty awesome and unique the last two years - with a fresh look onto the contest, but the song they came with this year - in my opinion- is way better. And this is where I tell you that I'm actually hoping the same countries will be in the top as last year, even though last year I hated every moment. I guess now that I'm not rooting so much for our contestants I made my peace with it. (And even though I'm sure I'll be quite angry the day they chose the winner, I'm still going to tune in next year. Cause I just can't stand not watching the show.)
Category: