...got asked yesterday is 'what is my favorite flower?'

While I don't exactly have a particular favorite flower, I do prefer some over the others. This, of course, doesn't mean that I will throw any flowers back in your face if it's something that's not one of my 'most liked' ones. I will graciously accept roses and lilies, and whatever you can come up with if you feel the need to give me any flowers at all.

But, just in case you were wondering (since I never really spoke about this before) I prefer the 'wilder' flowers over all these roses and lilies (lilies have a really strong smell, which I'm not a huge fan of, actually).

Now, let's get down to business.

1. 'Hungarian Carnations' or, Dianthus pontederae


When I was a little girl I used to gather these pretty little flowers over and over again. I don't really know why, I just love them. They don't have any particular smell as far as I remember them. Also, for some strange reason I used to call these 'German carnations' not Hungarian ones - so I searched them up on Google. Apparently I was wrong my whole life. But still, these are in my top! 

2. Lilac, or Syringa


I think I got the love of these from mom. Now, I think there is no prettier, more amazing smelling flower than this one. There is no year that we don't have lilacs in the house when they bloom - which is great, because I absolutely love those short moments when my nose gets hit by their wonderful fragrance. 

3. Tulips, or Tulipa



Yeah, I actually know that tulips aren't too far from roses when it comes to how many times they are given to someone. Roses are nowadays what simple carnations used to be when I was a kid. But still, tulips are somehow a lot more special in my opinion - they seem to me a lot more graceful and delicate than any roses, and that, I think is why I love them a lot more than Roses. Also, there are so many kinds of tulips, I think I could lose myself for a whole day just looking at the different colors and styles. (I wouldn't mind taking a stroll in Holland on a tulip field either). 

4. Marguerite, or Leucanthemum vulgare


Yes, I do realize that these are daisies. Marguerites are the way we call this particular kind of daisy. You know, the one with white petals and yellow disc. But besides these there are a bunch of other kinds of daises too (that's why I said marguerites, because I was talking only about THIS particular coloration), for example... African Daisy: 


5. Lavender, or Lavandula


A few years back one when I was at a meeting, a guy brought in a bouquet of lavenders and asked every one what kind of flower they are. It was weird to see that not a single person actually knew what they were - even after smelling them. Weird, because nowadays you can find almost everything made with lavender - starting with desserts and ending with beauty products. Lavenders are always pretty in a bouquet of different wild flowers - and they also have a pretty fresh smell, so that's a plus too. 

So now it's your turn! Which flowers are your favorites?
Category: