...thought I should do today, is to gather up my favorite scenes from movies and TV shows.

There are hundreds of lists of this kind going around the internet, and I have to admit, I always loved looking at them.

If nothing else, they gave me good enough reasons to watch one movie or other.

So, I thought I should make a list about my favorite moments... out of all the movies I've seen trough my life.

If you have something to add feel free to do it!

Now, I have to tell you guys, that it was actually pretty hard to chose the best out of the best. There are many...many movie scenes that I absolutely adored and meant a LOT to me. So if you don't see what you consider the best moment on this list don't be angry. It might be that I didn't see that movie yet, or that it just didn't have the same effect on me than on you. It happens. We are different, after all.

But don't let this discourage you. As I said, the comment section is pretty huge. You can add your's there...

So let us begin!

Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981)

Ooooh who doesn't love Indiana Jones? He was pretty much the hero of kids like me, back in the old days. I don't think there are any children who grew up watching these movies never wanted o have a life just like Indy's. This movie scene is pretty hilarious, especially since it wasn't intended to be like this. Indy actually had to fight the guy, but because he was suffering from food poisoning at that moment he just decided to shoot the fucker. The rest is history...

Mission to Mars (2000)

This movie was one of my top favorite movies of all time when I was a kid, even though it didn't really get into the history of most loved movies. If you haven't watched this or Contact yet, you should really check both of them out. They kinda have this looong story to them that seems to somehow stretch on forever and you are given only a few glimpses of what's happening. And those glimpses are just enough for you to wait out the end of it, because you somehow know that it will go out with a blast. And this movie did that.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (2008)
All right... so movies about the WWII are usually popular because they always manage to take everyone on an emotional trip. While I think that Schindler's List is a pretty nice move - it's probably the most iconic -, and we can say that every scene in that is memorable, I still think this one had something else to give. You night ask why I didn't add the ending scene to the movie. The thing is, while the ending did bring tears to my eyes, it wasn't really the most memorable moment for me. I kinda liked those short little scenes with Gretel, only a child, who is brought up to become such a fanatic. It kinda breaks the heart to see impressionable children influenced like this - and throughout the movie the only thing I thought about was that these people were brought up to not have their own opinions. So who is there to blame? The children for growing up in a world like that, or the adults for bringing them up like that? So yes. I think Gretel is even more of an iconic character in this than Bruno.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Here is another movie that has the whole world convinced of its greatness. What most people would think as the best scene in it is the ending - the escape and the last few words. Yes, those are pretty memorable, but I still think that there is one scene that stands out even more than those. Yeah, it's Brook's letter I'm talking about.

It (1990)

There is nothing scarier for me than this mini-series, and I'm pretty sure you already know this. Though it didn't manage to make me scared of clowns exactly, I do kinda hate those damn grotesque things and usually avoid them at all cost. Even now, watching this short little scene made me want to call someone so I don't stay at home alone, and now I'm constantly looking over my shoulders, hoping to not find that creep there. Oh... thank god, dad's home.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

When watching this movie I reacted almost the same way to this as that damn hobbit did. Since I haven't read the books, I truly thought that that was the end of Gandalf, and mourned him right along with the other characters.

Love Actually (2003)

No matter how many times I watch this movie it will never get old (It's kinda like Sister Act... I watched that movie at least 20 times and I never got bored of it :P). Now, Love Actually is the best freaking movie about the different kinds of love that exist out there. At least, that's what I think. I'm pretty sure that every single one of you guys who watched this movie has a favorite couple - but no matter who you guys are, I bet that this scene always makes you smile... It also kinda gave me the urge to dance along with it. Is that wrong?
Also, here's another clip that cracks me up every time:

I wish there were more singers like Billy Mack.

Queer As Folk (2000-2005)

I loved this show so... soooo... much. The only thing I regret is not watching it sooner. I don't even know what to say about this scene - but the fact that it's probably the best scene in all history of best scenes. Though you might not appreciate it as much as I do if you didn't watch the whole series. This jewel right here was practically a bomb dropped on all of us. And the scenes that followed it? If there would be an award for the best cliffhangers, this show would probably get it.

The Big Bang Theory (2007-)
Who doesn't love TBBT nowadays? It's hilarious, and witty and somewhat intelligent too. This ball pit scene is probably the most unforgettable moments in the series, and I just bet that it was even funnier for the guys behind the cameras. Also, I'm pretty sure the guys enjoyed themselves immensely. Whoever came up with this, deserves a medal.


Aaaand for the last one I chose...

Doctor Who (2005-)

I had a little trouble choosing that one, perfect scene that stand out. I couldn't really find one particular scene, because there are so many of them. Even if this scene is not really the best, I posted it here, because it kinda has the whole Doctor Who feel pushed and molded into it. It's pretty nice, that with only a couple of words they could represent generations and generations of people who grew up watching this show. And I think, that no matter how many people will say that Matt isn't a good doctor - he is. I will most assuredly mourn him just as much as the previous ones when he has to leave.
Category: