... know that there are quite a few on the internet, are lists about the worst Oscar movies.

Since I'm one of those "few" people who rarely enjoys a movie that once was an Oscar winner, I decided that I should make up a really, really short list of my favorites.

But first some facts...

No, I actually never watched all of the Oscar winning movies, so there might be others that I would like.
No, this list isn't only about those movie that won the best motion picture award, instead I decided that every movie that won an Oscar in ANY category would be considered (unless I haven't seen them).
No, I won't post the titles to every movie of this kind- but you can find the list here. 
This list contains -once again- only the movies I liked the best that won Oscars. Feel free to share yours, but don't ask me why I didn't add this one or that one.

All right, I think that's about it. Let's get ready to Rumble!

1. Aladdin (1992)


One of the best old Disney movies - and one of the Disney movies where you probably loved the side-characters a whole lot more than the main ones. I also used to play the video game made after the movie for days on end. 

(And it's also one of those rare Disney movies that had almost decent sequels. ALMOST)

2. Alien (1979)


A classic movie, everyone should watch if for nothing else, for general culture. I even read the book after this - and let me tell you, it was fascinating. Also this is once again one of those movies that had pretty decent sequels. 

3. Aliens (1986)


Which brings us to the actual sequel, that once again won not one, but two Oscars. All right, we can admit it's not a huge deal - it was nominated 7 times - but it's still pretty awesome compared to others. 

4. Amadeus (1984)


It always takes me by surprise that this movie is so old, because no matter how I look upon it, it's still amazing. This is one of those rare movies where everything was amazingly well done, starting with the screenplay and ending with the acting. It won 8 out of 11 Oscars. 

5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)




There's something to say about those old movies about UFO's and aliens. I'm guessing they must be at fault for the way I turned out. I still love a good story of this kind - and quite frankly this movie is right there along with Alien one of the best UFO movies of all time.

(I would also add Cocoon to this list, but the fact that I forgot about it for so many years seems to prove that it wasn't really that important). 

6. E-T the Extra Terrestrial (1982)


I could've probably made a list about my favorite alien movies if I keep this up for long. But chances are, if you are about my age you saw this movie quite a few times. Spielberg knows his stuff. 

7. Finding Nemo (2003)


After a long-long time, finally one of the most original stories. Pixar rules! (I actually can barely wait for the sequel)

8. Independence Day (1996)


Holy fuck, who knew I watched so many alien movies - and that so many of them actually one Oscars? I think I should really not complain about the Oscars anymore. 

9. Indiana Jones and the last Crusade (1989)


We are only starting, guys... apparently there are quite a few more movies I loved that won Oscars. What a tragedy... But still, Indiana Jones - especially this episode (my favorite) was worth the trouble. 

10. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)


A few years before Indy saved his father, found the Holy Grail and went trough a whole bunch of cool Nazi encounters, we can see him attempting to save a bunch of children from the clutches of a maniac. Temple of Doom wasn't quite as awesome as the third part of the series, but it is required for the sake of your culture. 

11. The Lion King (1994)


But of course this had to be added. Still gets to me every time I watch it. Even after all this time. Always. 

12. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)


You might chain me, but this is actually the only part of the trilogy I absolutely enjoyed. Don't get me wrong, it was imperative to watch it from the first part -otherwise I wouldn't have had any idea of what's going on (I'm still the retarded person who didn't read the books... yet!). But the fact remains, that the first two parts were kind of boring, compared to this third one. 

13. Misery (1990)


This film is -I swear you not- even better than the book. Probably the best adaptations of a Stephen King story. A funny thing, cause when the same actress played Dolores in another King adaptation, I actually loved the book a lot more than the movie. (Dolores Clairborne is one of my favorite King book)

14. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest (2006)


Out of all four POTC movies this second one is my favorite. Probably because this episode was the one I laughed at the most. 

15. Schindler's list (1993)


This was one of those DUH moments again. Of course I would add this movie. Who wouldn't? 

16. The Sound of Music (1965)


Here's another classic that should be appreciated by everyone. I don't know how a person could detest this movie. The songs are great, the story line even better, and the acting is awesome. 

17. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)


This movie is awesome. It's hilariously dark, it has a bunch of big actors trying to sing, and it has a pretty nice ending for those who don't know the story beforehand. But you must have an open mind when you check this one out. It's not for those overly serious people... 

18. WALL-E (2008)


Another Pixar masterpiece. Do I need to say anymore? 

Aaand this is about it. So what do you think all this says about me? 
Category: