...thought we should celebrate today is Pop Danthology's mash-up video.

I know that the video came out quite some time ago, but I only now had the time to include it in here.
Those who are on my Facebook list might already know about it - I shared it when I happened on it, but I'll do it once again for everyone else who isn't a frequent internet user.


I still think that this year's top songs were mostly a bunch of crap, but whatever. We have to work with what we're given. This mash-up was at least done pretty nicely. And this gave me the idea of searching up some of the best mash-ups of the history of music. 

Check them out! 

1. God's Gonna Cut You Down - DJ Schmolli


I usually hate everything that comes out of the hands of a DJ, just because I think that remixing any song is against the law of nature, but this one works out pretty well in my opinion. This mash-up contains bits and pieces of the following: Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down (the vocals, of course), Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (the drums), Beastie Boys - Sabotage (bass), Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever (guitar), The Beatles - Come Together (lead guitar). Now, before you criticize this one, I think it takes one hell of an ear and mind to be able to not only hear one single instrument when it comes to a song, but also to mash this single instrument together with other ones. 

2. Miracles - Norwegian Recycling 


This is once again a kick-ass song that was put together using little pieces of mostly crappy songs. In case you don't recognize all the people involved in it, here's a short little list: Bruno Mars (Just the Way You Are), Michael Jackson (Black or White), Gnarls Barkley (Crazy), Taylor Swift (Fearless), Jason Derulo (In My Head), Survivor (Eye of the Tiger), Bruno Mars (Nothing on You), Britney Spears (Hit me, Baby, One More Time), Justin Timberlake (My Love), Lady Gaga (Just Dance), Leona Lewis (Bleeding Love), Ne-Yo (So Sick), Snoop Dogg (Sexual Eruption), Taylor Swift (Fifteen), Savage Garden (The Animal Song), and Snoop Dogg feat Justin Timberlake (Signs). Quite a list, isn't it? 

3. Acoustic Alchemy - Norwegian Recycling


Yes, another one from the same guys. What can I say, I think they do a great job. The list of the used tracks is in the video, but I'll write it down in case you can't read it THAT fast. Jack Johnson (Bubble Toes), Green Day (Good Riddance), Josh Rouse (Quiet Town), Joshua Radin (Only You), Wyclef Jean feat Akon, Lil Wayne and Niia (Sweetes Girl), Christina Aguilera (Genie in a Bottle), Atomic Kitten (Eternal Flame) and Black Eyed Peas (Don't Lie). 

4. United State of Pop 2008 - DJ Earworm 


Just to compare how much times changed, here's a mash-up of the 25 best pop songs in 25. I think that they could've made a better video, but then the songs are so different, they were probably pretty hard to match up. Still, this one is at least good enough so you can remember the songs. If you want to know which are the songs presented in this video, check out this list.  By the way, this same guy has the 2009 version too (and a bunch of others), so you might want to check that one out also if you wish. 

5. Monkey Gone To Opera - Pixies vs Goldfrapp vs Puccini 


Those people who hate the Opera should probably do us all a favor and stay away from this one. But whoever thought about matching up some opera and science fiction should get a medal. This song was probably made by someone on LSD, and it's freaking awesome. 

6. Stayin' Alive In The Wall - Wax Audio 


After that trance we need something that would snap us out of it, don't we? This one mixes together two of the best and most well-known songs in the history of music. Pink Floyd vs the Bee Gees? A classic! 

7. Don't Stop The Sandman  - Rock Sugar 


Who doesn't know Journey, right? And Metallica's number one hit... Mashing those two together shouldn't feel this amazing. Still, Rock Sugar freaking knows what makes rock rock. Amazing job, guys. 

8. Somebody that I Used to Know - Norwegian Recycling 


This one is pretty awesome also, don't you think? It mashes up Gotye, Kimbra, Drake, Rihanna, Adelle and Bruno Mars.

9. Crazy Rock Anthem - Voicedude 


LMFAO managed to make something pretty catchy, even if you hate their songs. Adding Ozzy to the mix was a pretty nice choice in my opinion. It works out for me. I find it kinda strange that there are only so few views for this one. Still, it's a good party song, if you ask me. 

10. I Want You Shot - Mashin' Jackson 


And for our last video for today we have Jackson 5 and Billy Joel performing a song that will more than likely make your legs tap out the rhythm. 

So what do you think guy about these? Do you know any more that are way better than these? 
Category: