...love is alltime10s' videos.

And as I was browsing the net today, I remembered a very nice video made by them about some 'unanswerable' Online search queries.
You can watch the video here, if you are interested (and didn't see it until now):


Now, of course I don't give a damn about most of these questions - I am really not interested to know if blondes have more fun than any other hair colored person (though I would hazard a guess and say NO). 

What I found interesting, though, was the fact that "What is the meaning of life" was on the first place. 

What would the big surprise be in this, you might ask. After all, people have been wondering about it since they realized that they could actually think about something else than where to get their next meal from. 

And there are a whole bunch of philosophies out there that deal with the question... 

Platonism, that says "the meaning of life is in attaining the highest form of knowledge, which is the Idea of the Good, from which all good and just things derive utility and value." From this, Aristotle developed another idea, basically about achieving eudaemonia, but I'm not going to go into details because I'm not a philosopher and I don't know them. 

Then there is of course cynicism (living a life of Virtue that agrees with nature), cyrenaicism (immediate gratification instead of long-term one), epicureanism (there is a soul, but it is as mortal as the body. There is no afterlife, there is no immortality and mysticism is rejected), stoicism (freedom from suffering), enlightenment philosophy (relationships between individuals and society, NOT between individual and God), classical liberalism (labor, property, using social contracts), kantianism (duty in front of emotions and goals), utilitarianism (greatest-happiness principle, or good is whatever brings the greatest happiness to the greatest number of people), nihilism (life doesn't have a meaning), pragmatism (it can be only discovered via experience), theism (God is the meaning of life), existentialism (everyone creates his or her own meaning of life), absurdism (disharmony between individuals seeking the meaning of life and the apparent meaninglessness of the universe), secular humanism (the human personality is the the purpose of a human being's life, meaning the question is interpreted as "what is the meaning of MY life?"), logical positivism (the question is meaningless), postmodernism (seeks meaning by looking at the underlying structures that create or impose meaning, rather than the epiphenomenal appearances of the world), Naturalistic pantheism (to care for and look after nature and the environment), mohism (universal, impartial love), confucianism (strong relationships, reasoning and minimizing the negative), and legalism (the purpose of life is meaningless). 

Pfew, that was probably the longest sentence I have ever written in my life (it took me a few hours, because I actually stopped to cook up a lunch in the middle of the sentence).

Also, don't try to ask me about all the terms you find about the things I enlisted, because I mainly wrote down what I found on the internet... 

Which brings me to the conclusion that all of these theories are too complicated, and I wish that people would just express things with words everyone can understand. 

Anyways, as you all know by now, I'm not a philosopher. I do like to think about theories and such, but I try to keep them simple. And just like I feel that I know the answer to the question of "Which was first, the egg or the chicken?" (Considering what traditions and the Bible- it does have a few good info if you think about it- says, the chicken. Mostly because if Adam and Eve were sexually mature, I'm guessing everything that was alive was also sexually mature. HAH! Logic-ed by me. Eh, not really. I was just joking), I also feel that I have the right answer to the "meaning of life" thingy. 

Mainly that the meaning of life is to survive as a species. Why? Because this is fucking evolution. 

"Humans have always wondered about the meaning of life...life has no higher purpose than to perpetuate the survival of DNA...life has no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference" (Richard Dawkins). 

We live in a world that doesn't give a crap about us. We are not the center of the universe, and there is no divine plan to guide us. 

Survival of the fittest, ladies and gentlemen. Survival of the fittest (and not strictly on our simple planet, but also in universal proportions). 
Category: