...finally watched is Life of Pi.

I know, it was about damn time too, but for some reason I wasn't in the mood for it until now.
I sat down to search for something to watch at about 10 PM, and I spent about half an hour looking trough titles that bored me even more than I was bored before it.

So in the end I just opened my stash of videos and chose Life of Pi, because why the hell not?

Also, I have to tell you guys that I didn't read the book, so I can't really tell you what was left out or what was done differently (I'm still not finished with Inferno, because currently I'm freaking bored with everything, even sleeping at night makes me tired :P)

Anyways, now that I watched the movie, I will be sure to read the book, because it was freaking awesome!



As you know it, back when this movie came out I had the option of watching this or Cloud Atlas, and because I read Cloud Atlas, I chose that one. Of course, I added this movie to my watch list, but I have to admit that I only did it because the trailer looked freaking amazing, and not based on the possible storyline. 

Also, I'm going to shamefully admit that I kind of avoided watching it because I thought that the story will not e interesting enough, that the hype comes from the way the movie looks like, not from what it presents. 

So, yeah, I'll admit I was wrong. 

Even as I started the movie I was like "eh, might as well watch this", so I wrapped myself in my quilt, and transported myself into a state of amazement as the intro started. 

For those who are in my shoes and never really watched the movie (or read the book), let me tell you a short story. 

It starts out with a writer who is trying to find a good story to tell, and thus he end up interviewing Pi. It is Pi who tells his story: a few snippets from when he was young, he talks about his family and how they had to sell their zoo because some financial problems, and thus they had to move to another country. 

And this is where the good part starts, on their way to Canada something happens to the ship they are on and it sinks, living only Pi, an orangutan, a hyena, a zebra and of course a tiger on the lifeboat. 

What came after this was what had me amazed though. The movie managed to get my full attention, which is always a good thing since I tend to analyze every little thing if I find even a moment where it snaps me out of it. 

Thus, I rolled with it, and I have to admit that the end got me by surprise (I guess I would have figured it out on my own if the story wasn't as fun). 

I will live you guys with a couple of pics and quotes from the movie that I loved: 

"With one word, my name went from an elegant French swimming pool to a stinking Indian latrine - I was pissing everywhere" 

This part had me in stitches, because I have somewhat of an idea about what it means to have a "weird" name. I could sympathize with Pi, but I have to admit that there is a difference between the two of us: while he struggled to find a way to get people to call him by a nickname, I didn't really give a shit, and even I made fun of my name. 




"I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye" 



"You only need to convert to three more religions, Piscine, and you'll spend your life on holiday." 

This one had me smiling again, since I had a few similar talks with my dad - mainly about how people in Romania have so many holidays due to religion, where they don't work. 

"If it happens, it happens, why should it have a meaning?" 

This one was again a part that I totally understood. Especially, since the writer is the one who says "It is a lot to take in - to figure out what it all means." I tend to also over-analyze thing, and I bet that there are a whole bunch of writers who do this also. From time to time we all need a wake-up call though, to realize that not everything has a subliminal message. 



And finally, here's a short part of the movie that I enjoyed immensely - the part about religions. 

Category: